Be Prepared for Disasters- Build an Emergency COUGKit!
When a disaster strikes (like the recent wildfires or windstorms in Washington), be prepared with basic emergency supplies.
You can used an old backpack to gather these lifesaving items together in case of an emergency to make your own Emergency COUGKit.
- Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
- Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food(canned goods, granola bars, protein bars) + a can opener
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Prescription medications
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Local maps
- Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
- Comfort items (hard candy, WSU blanket, deck of cards, etc)
- For more information Go to the Ready.gov website-Click HERE